Aims and Scope
Italian Journal of Sociology of Education is a peer-reviewed academic journal published three times a year (February, June, October) and sponsored by the Educational Section of the Italian Sociological Association (AIS-EDU).The journal aims at presenting up-to-date, state of the art theoretical and empirical studies concerning socialization, education, and educational institutions, enlarging and deepening the mutual knowledge and collaboration between Italian and foreign scholars within a broad global perspective. Main topics are the meanings of education; socialization and its institutional loci; school and the university; human and social capital; lifelong education; educational actors and policy; immigration and education.
Peer review policy
IJSE makes an initial quality screening process before selecting articles for refereeing. The papers judged to be of insufficient general interest or inappropriate are rejected without formal review, although these decisions may be based on informal advice by external experts. Articles passing the screening process will be sent out for peer review. We aim to reach a first decision on all articles within 4 weeks from the submission. If the article is considered appropriate the Author(s) will receive an email notification from the Managing Editor in 4 weeks, that informs of a target editorial decision date. The usual time from manuscript selection to the author’s receipt of the IJSE’s decision about publication is 8 weeks. During that time each manuscript undergoes a rigorous double blind review by at least 2 reviewers. The possible decisions are a) accepted; b) accepted with minor revisions; c) revise and resubmit (major substantive revisions required and the manuscript must be resubmitted for full review with no guarantee of acceptance); d) reject. Revised manuscripts are requested to be returned within 120 days. IJSE will keep authors informed of the projected date of publication.
Open access policy
The Journal provides immediate open access to its contents on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
There is no submission or publication fee.
IJSE accepts manuscripts/proposals for the following categories:
- Special section-issue/call for papers: a monographic section edited by the Guest Editor(s). The first step involves submitting a proposal for review by the Editor in Chief and the Managing Editor. The proposal should be prepared by the Guest Editor(s) of the Special Issue and should include the following information: Overview of aims; Statement of objectives; Author names and affiliations
- Articles: single essays which do not pertain to the Special section
- Expert Interviews
To determine if a manuscript is relevant to IJSE, authors should review the aims and scope of the journal. If you would like to discuss your proposal prior to submission, please refer to the contact details below.
Special section-issue/call for paper
Italian Journal of Sociology of Education is covered by the following abstracting/indexing services:
- ACNP - Catalogo Italiano dei Periodici
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journal
- ERA - Educational Research Abstract Online (T&F)
- Google Scholar
- HCERES - Haute Conseil de l’évaluation de la recherche et de l’enseignement supérieur
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)