Instructions for Authors
Italian Journal of Sociology of Education considers all articles on the strict condition that:
- the article is your own original work, and does not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work
- the article has been submitted only to IJSE; it is not under consideration or peer review or accepted for publication or in press or published elsewhere
Before submitting your article, please ensure you carefully read and adhere to all the guidelines and manuscript style to authors provided below. Manuscripts not conforming to these guidelines may be returned. We expect all authors submitting to IJSE to adhere to the ethical guidelines. All manuscripts must be submitted online. Publication in Italian Journal of Sociology of Education is free of charge.
- Text: articles should be compiled in the following order: tilte page; author(s); abstract; keywords; main text (number of tables and figures cited in the article); acknowledgement; references; appendices.
- Language: articles must be in English. Writing should be coincise and correct. If you are not a native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you have you article professionally edited before submission.
- Lenght: articles shoud be compiled in the following order: title; author(s); abstract; keywords; main text (tables, figures and illustrations on separate pages); acknowledgement; references; appendices. Lenght should not exceed 10.000 words.
- The title page should include: 1) a coincise and informative title; 2) complete contact information for all authors (Name, affiliation, email address). The corresponding author, who will be handling the correspondence with the Editor-in-Chief and the Managing Editor should be clearly indicated; 3) abstract. It should be a summary of the article and not an introduction, it should be easy to read and where apprpriate it should be structured. Maximal lenght of the abstract is 200 words; 4) keywords. Each article should have 4 keywords.
- Tables, figures and illustrations: the purpose of tables and figures is to present data to the reader in a clear and unambiguous manner. The author(s) should not describe the data in the text in such detail that illustration or text is redundant. Tables/Figures/Illustrations should be submitted in Microsoft Word, RTF or Excel Format typed on separate pages. They should be numbered consecutively and cited in the article.
- Reference list: a reference list contains only references that are cited in the text. Its accurancy and completeness are the responsibility of the author(s).
Formats for the text and tables of your manuscript are: doc, docx, odt, rtf, txt. Any supplementary files should be in Microsoft Word,RTF or Excel Format. PDFs are not acceptable. Articles failing to conform to the editorial norms may not be considered for publication.
Submission should conform to journal style which you should download here.
Submission – Checklist
Please make sure you have provided:
- The name of the author designated as the corresponding author who will check proofs and receive correspondence
- All author data (name and affiliation)
- A short title
- Abstract, keywords, main text, tables, figures, illustrations, acknowledgement; references and appendices
- Numbered pages in sequence
- Text and references in the correct format for IJSE (see Manuscript style)
The email and name addresses entered in the IJSE site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose ot to any other party.
If you experience any problems during the online submission, please contact the Managing Editor: email@example.com
Submit your manuscript to the Managing Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org